[ocaml-platform] opam show problem
Immanuel Litzroth
2016-11-21 10:10:38 UTC
opam show documentation says:
"

The information block consists of the name of the package, the
installed version if this package is installed in the currently
selected compiler,.."

I have a switch BUILDSYSTEM that does not contain lwt.
1) it's not under ~/.opam/BUILDSYSTEM/lib
2) linking with the package lwt in this switch does not work.
Still "opam show lwt" does give me a version as in it's output:

opam show lwt
package: lwt
version: 2.6.0

ocaml show where lwt does show this:

opam show --where lwt
/home/immanuel/.opam/repo/default/packages/lwt/lwt.2.6.0/opam

I do have it installed in other switches.

Are my expectations wrong, or is this a bug?
Thanks in advance,
Immanuel
Western Digital Corporation (and its subsidiaries) E-mail Confidentiality Notice & Disclaimer:

This e-mail and any files transmitted with it may contain confidential or legally privileged information of WDC and/or its affiliates, and are intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to which they are addressed. If you are not the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying, distribution or any action taken or omitted to be taken in reliance on it, is prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender immediately and delete the e-mail in its entirety from your system.
Thomas Gazagnaire
2016-11-21 12:30:33 UTC
> Are my expectations wrong, or is this a bug?

You should look at the `installed-versions` field. The `version` field is the version of the package used to gather the metadata. The package metadata exist even if you haven't the package installed.

Best,
Thomas
Louis Gesbert
2016-11-21 13:58:27 UTC
Le 2016-11-21 14:55, Immanuel Litzroth a écrit :
> The problem with
> opam list -i <package>
> is that it doesn't seem to do versions.
>
> $ opam list -i spreadgenerator
> # Installed packages for BUILDSYSTEM:
> spreadgenerator 6.0.0.1
> $ opam list -i spreadgenerator=6.0.0.1

using "spreadgenerator.6.0.0.1" instead should work!

query operations are known to be somewhat lacking in 1.2.2 and have been
thoroughly improved for the upcoming 2.0 version.