[ocaml-platform] Scheduled downtime of erratique.ch on 2017-03-16
Daniel Bünzli
2017-03-05 22:57:54 UTC
Hello,

My hosting company is informing me that due to a server migration :

```
[...] on Thursday, 16 March 2017 between 13:00 to 15:00 UTC.
Connectivity to the servers will be interrupted and your sites will be down during
the migration window. We apologize in advance for the inconvenience.
As part of this migration the server's main IP will change from 37.58.75.238 to 31.170.123.75.

```

I'm no longer sure whether we now have download fallbacks for opam. If not, install of $(opam search -s org:erratique) packages won't be possible during the downtime. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Best,

Daniel
Daniel Bünzli
Daniel
Malcolm Matalka
2017-03-15 15:12:17 UTC
Thread jacking:

Is there tooling to make a local mirror of all artifacts needed to build an
opam package?
Post by Daniel Bünzli
Post by Daniel Bünzli
Hello,
```
Post by Daniel Bünzli
the migration window. We apologize in advance for the inconvenience.
As part of this migration the server's main IP will change from
37.58.75.238 to 31.170.123.75.
Post by Daniel Bünzli
```
I'm no longer sure whether we now have download fallbacks for opam. If
not, install of $(opam search -s org:erratique) packages won't be possible
during the downtime. Sorry for the inconvenience.
Post by Daniel Bünzli
Best,
Daniel
Daniel Bünzli
2017-03-15 15:25:53 UTC
Is there tooling to make a local mirror of all artifacts needed to build an opam package?
Yes have a look at `opam admin make --help`.

Daniel Bünzli
2017-03-16 13:02:03 UTC
Post by Daniel Bünzli
```
[...] on Thursday, 16 March 2017 between 13:00 to 15:00 UTC.
Connectivity to the servers will be interrupted and your sites will be down during
the migration window. We apologize in advance for the inconvenience.
As part of this migration the server's main IP will change from 37.58.75.238 to 31.170.123.75.
```
I have been informed that the migration is complete. From the alps here, everything seems fine. Contact me if you see any problem.

More info about dns:

```
For your domains that use our own DNS servers the change should be immediate
(we have lowered the TTL to 5 minutes) but be aware that your ISP may be
caching the DNS entries for a bit longer in which case it may take longer for
you to see the DNS changes.

We will leave a proxy running on the old server for 5 days to redirect all HTTP
and HTTPS traffic to the new server.

```